English Language Partners New Zealand (ELPNZ) has an exciting opportunity for someone interested in providing strategic oversight to a significant national charitable organisation. We are recruiting 3 new Trustees.
ELPNZ is seeking Trustees to join its board of highly committed and highly motivated trustees who are responsible for governing and protecting the long-term interests of ELPNZ throughout New Zealand. For 40 years, ELPNZ has provided English language tuition and social support to adult refugees and migrants making their home in New Zealand. In 2019, we worked with 7,100 learners through the efforts of 350 paid staff and 1,500 trained volunteers.
The role of Trustee is a voluntary position. Appointment is for a term of three years.
Ideal candidates for the role will:
- Be committed to the vision and purpose of ELPNZ;
- Have prior board experience; and
- Be able to demonstrate strategic leadership skills.
In addition to the above ELPNZ is particularly interested in people who may be able to bring specific knowledge, background or competency around one or more of the following:
- Community sector background
- From a refugee or migrant background
- Auckland based
- Media/communications (commercial sector)
- Business or private sector employer in area of high refugee or migrant workforce.
Applications close Sunday 19 April 2020, 5pm.