IPU is looking for English language teachers to teach in their English Language Studies programme. This position involves planning and teaching ESOL classes to international students. The successful applicant will also be required to assess students, monitor their progress and support students in their studies. The start date will be 13 January 2020.
The successful candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Appropriate degree; teaching qualification (TESOL preferred) would be a plus.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Commitment to supporting students to achieve a high level of English competency upon graduation.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- High level of commitment to student learning and welfare.
- Sensitivity to other cultures’ values and practices.
- Understanding and empathy with the difficulties faced by second language learners pursuing qualifications through their second language and willingness to further support their effort.
- (For non New Zealand applicants) An appropriate visa to be able to work in New Zealand.
This is a highly-skilled, full-time position.
Please forward a cover letter and your curriculum vitae with the names and contact details of two referees by 6 December 2019 to:
IPU New Zealand
Private Bag 11021
Manawatu Mail Centre
Palmerston North 4442