Employment Assessor Advisor – Christchurch
Permanent Part time 0.6 FTE (22.5 hours per week).
New Zealand Red Cross has an exciting opportunity for an Employment Assessor/Advisor in their Refugee Pathways to Employment programme.
The purpose of the Employment Assessor/Advisor role is to carry out in depth, client-centred career, employment and English language assessments for individuals in order to create an employment plan with recommendations and timeframes.
Apply for this role if you are able to demonstrate:
- Skill in second language teaching to adults and experience of assessing language competencies (required)
- Understanding of the English language requirements and skills required to study at a NZ tertiary institution (desirable)
- The ability to guide career planning
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Awareness of NZ employers’ priorities and familiarity with employment sectors in the region
- Confidence in assessing work readiness and preparing individuals for job search activities
- Competence in intercultural communication and experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Understanding of the refugee journey and common issues faced during the resettlement process
- Tertiary education in relevant field (required)
- An English language teaching or applied linguistics qualification (Required)
- Membership of a professional organisation in a relevant field, such as Career Development Association of NZ (CDANZ) or TESOLANZ (desirable)
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 15 December 2019.
More information can be found at the New Zealand Red Cross.