General English teacher
Auckland Edinburgh College is looking for vibrant experienced ESOL teachers. AEC, based in Manukau, is a category 1 English language provider. We provide courses in a modern classroom setting next to parks, public transport hubs and a large shopping district. We cover general English from beginners to advanced levels with IELTS and TKT streams.
Open for applicants who are TEFL / ESOL qualified. Part time/ Full time casual roles coming available from March onward.
- CELTA / Trinity or equivalent with a minimum of two years’ experience at a range of levels
- English as a first language
- The ability to relate to people from different age groups and cultures
- Good communication skills with the ability to make learning engaging and fun
- The ability to explain grammar clearly appropriate to each level
- Demonstrate a dedicated focus on students’ needs and educational outcomes
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good administrative skills with assessments and reporting progress
- IELTS experience definitely a plus.
- Teaching up to 20-23 hrs per week Mon to Friday (or 4.5 hrs per relieving day)
- Preparation and planning for lessons
- Delivering appropriate assessments and keeping records, summarising reports
- Marking students’ course work, providing homework and support as needed
- Evaluate student needs and assessment tools regularly
- Supervise students’ attendance and behaviour as appropriate
- Attend teachers’ meetings and professional development as required
Please apply to Mark Campbell by email. Include a cover letter and CV.
All applicants must be currently legally entitled to work in New Zealand.