The TESOLANZ Journal is published once a year by TESOLANZ, Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Aotearoa New Zealand (Incorporated), Te Rōpū Kaiwhakaako Reo Ingarihi ki Iwi Reo Kē. The journal is double-blind peer reviewed. A subscription to the journal is included in the annual membership fee of the Association.
Those interested in submitting an article, report or book review should consult the Notes for Contributors and be a current member of TESOLANZ.
Notes for Contributors
- Contributions to The TESOLANZ Journal are welcomed from language educators and applied linguists within and outside Aotearoa/New Zealand, especially those working in Australia and countries in the South Pacific.
- Articles should in general be no longer than 5000 words.
- Reports on research or practice should be 2000–2500 words. No abstract is needed. Reports should a) describe the context and motivation for the study, b) highlight gaps or issues, c) describe the innovation, action or research, d) report on and discuss outcomes, and e) include a reflection and future steps.
- Referencing conventions should follow that specified in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th Edition). The reference list at the end of the article should be arranged in alphabetical order.
- The reference list should only include items specifically cited in the text.
- As far as possible, comments and references should be incorporated into the text but, where necessary, endnotes may be placed after the main body of the article, before the list of references, under the heading Notes.
- All graphics should be suitable for publication and need no change.
- It is understood that manuscripts submitted have not been previously published and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Enquiries and draft submissions should be sent by email to the Editor, Victoria University of Wellington. The preferred format is WORD.
- All submissions should be accompanied by a full mailing address, a telephone number and, if available, an email addresses and/or fax number.
- Submissions will be considered by the Editor and members of the Editorial Board.
- Those interested in submitting a book review should contact the Reviews Editor, Victoria University of Wellington
- The closing date for the submission of manuscripts for 2019 is Monday 19 August.
- Volume 27, 2019, Special Edition
- Volume 26, 2018
- Volume 25, 2017
- Volume 25, 2017, Special Edition
- Volume 24, 2016
- Volume 24, 2016, Special Edition
- Volume 23, 2015
- Volume 22, 2014
- Volume 21, 2013
- Volume 20, 2012
- Volume 19, 2011
- Volume 18, 2010
- Volume 17, 2009
- Volume 16, 2008
- Volume 15, 2007
- Volume 14, 2006
- Volume 13, 2005
- Volume 12, 2004
- Volume 11, 2003
- Volume 10, 2002
- Volume 9, 2001
- Volume 8, 2000
- Volume 7, 1999
- Volume 6, 1998
- Volume 5, 1997
- Volume 4, 1996
Please contact us for access to earlier volumes.