Focus on Assessment: Practical applications and considerations in the classroom
Due to level 2 impacts, we have changed the format of the symposium.
TESOLANZ, in partnership with the University of Auckland’s School of Education and Social Work and IELTS/IDP, presents two events focused on assessment (online workshops below and face-to-face symposium 2021).
Online Workshops – October 10 2020
- 12:30 -1:00 pm – Arrival, networking
- 12:50 -1:00 pm – Opening: Daryl Streat (President, TESOLANZ)
- 1:00 -1:50 pm – Workshop 1: Jannie Van Hees, ‘Initial & Diagnostic Assessment’ (Primary & Secondary)
- 2:00 – 2:50 pm – Workshop 2: Breda Matthews, ‘Designing NCEA English Language assessment tasks’ (Secondary)
- 3:00 – 3:50 pm – Workshop 3: John Read, ‘Test reliability & validation’ (Tertiary)
- 4:00 – 4:30 pm – TESOLANZ AGM
- The above sessions will be hosted online and free, via Zoom Webinar. Register here:
- Note that by registering, you will have access to the entire event. Workshops may have associated (optional) information and tasks which will be emailed prior to the event.
More details are available on Facebook.