View the WATESOL Expo Programme
This year’s WATESOL Expo will be on Thursday, June 17th at Wellington East Girls’ College, 4 – 7pm.
The Expo will begin with a keynote address from Dr Corinne Seals speaking on Using other languages in the English classroom? Bringing ‘translanguaging’ into the conversation.
We will then break into smaller groups for:
- Workshops on teaching and learning
- Short presentations on practical teaching ideas
- Reports on research and best practice
The Expo will conclude with a keynote address from Dr Margaret Gleeson speaking on Managing Demanding Reading Texts: Resources and Teaching Strategies.
If you’d like to be a presenter, please send Nicky Riddiford the following details by 9am Monday 24 May:
- The title of your presentation or workshop
- The target audience (level or particular focus)
- Abstract (100 words max)
- Your full name
- A short statement about your current employment, teaching/research interests, publications etc (50 words max)
- Contact details, including a daytime phone number
All sessions will be 30 mins long. This includes time for questions. Shorter presentations will be combined into one session.
Do consider giving a presentation of useful ideas from your teaching or any other ideas you would like to share. This is an ideal opportunity to trial a CLESOL presentation. First time presenters are most welcome and members of the WATESOL committee are happy to provide support if wanted.