Expressions of interests from Part-Time ESOL Teachers–Levin
Do you want a job that can work around your lifestyle and existing commitments?
The Horowhenua-Kapiti region will soon be welcoming new Colombian refugees to our community. In preparation, English Language Partners – Horowhenua-Kapiti is looking for expressions of interest from ESOL teachers seeking part-time work in 2022.
What’s coming up?
- 1 x 10-hour specialist literacy English group class for our Colombian learners. The class would likely run 4 mornings a week from Monday to Thursday. At this stage we estimate starting classes in October 2022, likely ongoing in 2023, full details to be confirmed.
- Fixed Term Contract initially – October until December 2022.
- Hourly rate: $46.55 per hour. Our rooms are part of the HLC campus at 102 Liverpool St, Levin.
Who you are
You are a highly skilled ESOL teacher of adult learners, preferably with experience teaching low level learners with developing literacy needs. You are well versed in NZ cultural practices and have empathy for the challenges of adapting to a new country. You are creative, practical, and adaptable in your teaching style and take pride in delivering a truly learner-centred curriculum.
Is this you?
- tertiary qualified in TESOL at level 5 or above (e.g. graduate certificate, Bachelor’s degree, post-grad diploma such as CELTA, Cert TESOL, Cert TEAL, Dip SLT).
- a New Zealand teaching qualification (ideally primary) or NCALNE (Voc) is desirable but not essential.
- experienced in ESOL teaching (preferably in a New Zealand context) at varied levels, particularly to beginner learners.
- experience delivering online teaching and/or a good understanding of technology for teaching is desirable.
- a learner centred approach with the ability to be guided by a curriculum while being creative, practical, and adaptable in your teaching style.
- a motivated self-starter with strong cultural sensitivity, empathy and the ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
Who we are and what we offer.
English Language Partners is a not-for-profit, award-winning education provider with NZQA category 1 endorsement, that has been providing English language and social support to adult migrants and former refugees throughout New Zealand for over 40 years.
We are a positive , family friendly workplace with a culture of continuous improvement. It is a place where your own potential will be nurtured as you work alongside a passionate and talented group of educators committed to supporting former refugees and migrants to participate successfully in all aspects of life in Aotearoa New Zealand.
To register your interest: Visit our website at www.englishlanguage.org.nz/vacancies and select the Apply Now button under the vacancy to fill out the application form and upload your CV and Cover Letter.
Applications close 3rd October 2022.
Applicants for this position should have the right to work in New Zealand- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Applicants should also note that, although currently no roles are assessed as requiring vaccination, ELPNZ has previously implemented a vaccination mandate for medium and high-risk roles.