From The New Directions Project Committee
We are pleased to announce that the Call for Papers for New Directions East Asia 2021 has now opened.
New Directions is the British Council’s flagship language testing and assessment conference. It provides perspectives and insight on trends and approaches in English language assessment at a local, regional, and international level. Since being established in 2013, New Directions has celebrated eight editions, with the latest being held online in October 2020.
This year’s conference convenes online on Dec 10 & 11 under the theme “Fairer, Greener, Stronger: The Future of Language Assessment.” It recognises that the language assessment industry, like all other sectors, has experienced significant disruption over the last year. There has been an acceleration in systemic change, innovation and the emergence of divisions in society relating to equality, accessibility and sustainability.
We invite paper proposals that address the main theme of the conference, focusing in particular on the sub-strands:
- Inclusivity and access in language testing
- Future-readiness: learning from the legacy of COVID-19
- Assessment in comprehensive learning systems: at the policy level
- Assessment in comprehensive learning systems: in the classroom
- Creating opportunities: assessment for work
- Automated language assessment
- The impact of language assessment on the environment: now and in the future
The Call for Papers will be open until Wednesday June 30th.
For key details and dates, as well as the link to submit a proposal, please visit our website here.